Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cover for hole from removed wall safe or medicine cabinet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    clewrslr Member Horton55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2023
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Cover for hole from removed wall safe or medicine cabinet?

    Took out an old recessed medicine cabinet and left a big rectangular hole in the bathroom wall. Want a cover until I decide on a new mirror or cabinet. Something paintable and secure.

  2. #2
    clewrslr Member Gerber's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2023
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cover for hole from removed wall safe or medicine cabine

    Recessed cabinet removals leave deep, noticeable holes. A surface-mount cover that sits flush is perfect for bridging the gap without filling the void. I go for thicker plastic models with good edge support—they don't sag over large openings. The one I installed has a clean face that holds semi-gloss paint well for moisture-prone bathrooms. After caulking the perimeter and painting it matches the tile surround nicely. I used a strong wall hole cover sized 14×24 and it covered the entire opening seamlessly. Easy to remove later if you add something new.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •